AIS is open to all individuals who are engaged in, or share an interest in, scholarly inquiry about the State of Israel. The Association's membership is composed of scholars from all disciplines in the social sciences and the humanities.
- Two print issues of the journal Israel Studies Review per year
- Access to the online edition of Israel Studies Review on the Berghahn Books website
- E-mail delivery of AIS newslink, the Association's newsletter
- Reduced registration fees at the Annual Meetings
- Advertisement of new books on the AIS website and to the AIS listserv and display of books on the AIS-members table at the AIS Annual Meeting (with cost)
- Voting privileges
- Eligibility for submission and consideration for the Association's awards
- Discount (25%) on all Berghahn Books Publications
- Discount (20%) on subscriptions to Israel Studies (Indiana University Press)
- Membership is $120.
- Special membership rates are available for students ($25), retirees ($95) and scholars with no permanent university position ($60). These rates do not include print subscription to the ISR (only online access).
- Membership is annual, by calendar year. Each membership ends on December 31 in the year the membership was processed.
- Membership dues are non-refundable.
To join, or rejoin, the AIS, simply navigate to our membership center below:
Institutional membership is intended for college and university programs, research institutions, and cultural organizations that have focus on Israel Studies. Our invitation is to join us beginning with this year, from January1 to December 31, 2015. The level of support depends on category: $3,000 for full membership and $1500 for associate membership. Discrete programs with the same institution may opt for different categories of membership.
Through the Institutional Membership Program, we are turning for support to the organizations, departments, and programs that benefit from the variety of professional services the AIS offers. Full Institutional Membership is open to all programs, departments, research institutions, and cultural organizations. Associate Institutional Membership is designed for programs and departments that offer no higher than the B.A. or M.A. degree as well as smaller research institutes and cultural organizations. Both membership levels will be listed on the AIS website and on the program booklet of the AIS annual meetings.
Gold Institutional Membership: $3000+
- Complimentary full page ad in the annual meeting program book
- Copy of the mailing list of AIS directory
- Three complimentary conference registrations
- Free postings to AIS listserv
Silver Institutional Membership: $1500+
- Complimentary half page ad in the annual meeting program book
- Two complimentary conference registration
- Free postings to AIS listserv
INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERS (2017)
- Azrieli Institute of Israel Studies at Concordia University
Gildenhorn Institute for Israel Studies at the University of Maryland
The Institute for Israel Studies of the Schusterman Center for Jewish Studies, University of Texas at Austin
Schusterman Center for Israel Studies at Brandeis University
- Center for Israel Studies at American University
- The Taub Center for Israel Stduies, New York University
- The Crown Family Center for Jewish and Israel Studies at Northwestern University
For all inquiries, please contact the AIS Executive Director, Dr. Moshe Naor:
University of Haifa
Department of Israel Studies
Eshkol Tower, 1407
199 Abba Khoushy Ave.