AIS is open to all individuals who are engaged in, or share an interest in, scholarly inquiry about the State of Israel. The Association's membership is composed of scholars from all disciplines in the social sciences and the humanities.
- Two print issues of the journal Israel Studies Review per year
- Access to the online edition of Israel Studies Review on the Berghahn Books website
- E-mail delivery of AIS newslink, the Association's newsletter
- Reduced registration fees at the Annual Meetings
- Advertisement of new books on the AIS website and to the AIS listserv
- Voting privileges
- Eligibility for submission and consideration for the Association's awards
- Discount (25%) on all Berghahn Books Publications
- Discount (20%) on subscriptions to Israel Studies (Indiana University Press)
- Membership is $75.
- Special membership rates are available for students ($25) and scholars with no permanent university position ($40).
- Membership is annual, by calendar year. Each membership ends on December 31 in the year the membership was processed.
- Membership dues are non-refundable.